Higher functioning trainees from Training Workshops Unlimited and members from Fountain House are prepared for the open labour market via learnership opportunities and assistance with finding suitable employment.
The focus is on the individual's ability. Learners are supported by their allocated job coaches during theoretic activities, practical placements and during employment.
The programme embodies:
- Securing opportunities for those able to develop and progress beyond workshop level.
- Preparation training for open labour market employment.
- Accredited Career Skills Training, including Hygiene and Cleaning (NQF Level 1) and Business Administration (NQF Level 2).
- HIV/AIDS and Sexuality Education.
- Health and Safety Training in the workplace.
- Life Skills training with emphasis on building self esteem and confidence in the workplace environment and in social settings.
- Assessments on all training modules and building of Portfolios of Evidence.
- Practical Work Placements during skills training programmes and Learnerships.
- Job Coaching by skilled and experienced staff.
- Placement in the Open Labour Market and ongoing support and follow–up by Job Coaches.
- Employer Education and de-stigmatization of persons with disability within the workplace.