Independent living at Kimber House
Many men and women living with psychiatric disabilities benefit from the opportunity to live independently, while still being able to depend on the support, assistance and protection of a more structured environment.
Kimber House is a Supported Accommodation Programme, providing a safe, secure, comfortable, supportive and affordable home environment to 11 adults with a psychiatric disability.
Our aim is to:
- Build capacity through participation in menu planning, budgeting, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning and conflict resolution among the residents.
- Encourage shared responsibility in decision-making, through participation in house meetings, annual policy reviews & strategic planning and the selection of new residents.
- Increase social involvement through organised house events, social & recreational activities in the community, and access to the social and recreational programme at Fountain House.
- Provide continuous support & individual case management for each member, participation in goal setting and life skill activities at Fountain House.
- Provide access to educational & training activities at Fountain House, to increase knowledge & skill of members.