Living together, helping each other
Garden Cottage is a supervised residential care facility for women with intellectual disability. Residents range in age and level of ability, and come from different backgrounds. We focus on their abilities rather than their disabilities, whilst providing for their social, emotional and vocational needs.
Apart from accommodation, the facility provides:
- balanced, nutritious meals;
- monitoring of health, safety and hygiene;
- access to medical resources in the community;
- a Social Programme, consisting of a minimum of four outings per year, and other social activities;
- life skills training designed to empower residents and encourage them to function at an optimum level;
- self-advocacy which encourages self-determination and active participation;
- re-integration into family life where possible.